Welcome to RoofHelp.guru, the blog site for RoofHelp.com. Since RoofHelp.com was launched in 1997, I’ve answered thousands of roofing questions from homeowners, building owners, property management professionals, insurance adjusters, and others. I’m always looking at roofs and dealing with roof related problems, so I decided to share some of the problems I’ve encountered and my solutions for them via this blog site.
Below is a little bit of information about me – the RoofHelp Guru, to help you feel that you can trust what I tell you in the blogs on this site.
- I’ve been in the roofing industry for over 25 years.
- I’ve performed hundreds, if not thousands, of repairs on residential, commercial and industrial roofs of all types; such as single-ply (EPDM, PVC, TPO, Hypalon), asphalt base roofs such as built-up and modified bitumen, and foam and coated roofs. My expertise also extends to steep sloped roofs including asphalt shingles, wood (cedar shakes and shingles), standing seam metal, clay and concrete tile, and a few slate roofs.
- I’ve been the estimator and project manager on roof projects from ranging from 150 square feet to over 275,000 square feet in size.
- On my bigger projects, I oversee anywhere from two to seven sub-contractors, including waterproofing, mechanical, controls, and plumbing, all while the buildings were occupied.
- I’ve worked as a roofing consultant in the roof asset management field, designing and specifying code-compliant roofs all over the country, including stringent code areas such as Florida’s Dade County, and dealing with California’s earthquake compliance issues.
- I’ve managed the roof assets of nationwide clients, including setting up and budgeting for preventative maintenance programs, long-term forecast budgeting for roof replacement, and short term repair budgeting.
- I don’t spend a building owners’ money unnecessarily. If a roof can be repaired or rehabilitated, I will be honest about it. I abhor throwing away a perfectly good roof that just needs a little TLC.
- I’ve designed and helped modify roof asset management databases, and done a tremendous amount of CAD work.
The bottom line is, I feel confident that my expertise and years of experience can help you with your roofing issues.
Thanks for visiting.